Thursday, August 6, 2009

Finally.....


After one long year of trying to sell our condo, we sent papers off tonight and God-willing in 6 days we will be single-home owners! It has been a huge test of our faith and a trial of highs and lows ~ at times ending in tears.

The couple sounds like a very nice senior couple, who seen 7 places that day & fell in love with ours. We had 2 people visit on the same day and both put offers in--go figure, listed a year and finally on the same day a double offer comes in!!!--a day after my mom's birthday and a day before Michael's! What a wonderful birthday gift (for us all!) Anyway, the younger couple's offer came in first, and nothing from the older couple, we waited all day and finally we signed the paperwork to send over to the Realtor to accept their offer. My heart was sad, I should be rejoicing--but it didn't feel "right", (if that makes any sense-after a year, I shouldn't care but I did) I wanted the person to LOVE the condo and feel at home--the seniors did, and I wanted them to buy our place, and feel like it was their little castle. We finally made it into town at 4:00 to do the faxing of the paperwork, and the lady commented how long it was taking to fax the 11 pages over--20 min! We got home and had an urgent call from the Realtor, I groaned thinking the fax didn't go thru--but the offer from the seniors was coming in, while that long fax was going thru--delaying him from calling the other Realtor to accept! We ended up accepting the seniors offer, which they paid the full listing price --and wanting the house within a week!


Thank you Lord!......Why do I ever doubt?

No comments: